2008 Shakespeare Intensive

Shakespeare Intensive

Friday, July 18, 2008

Featured Students: Berenis Gonzalez, Jessika Willett and Michael Silberblatt

Today's Featured Students are Jessika Willett (Juliet Act 1), Berenis Gonzalez (Juliet Act 2) and Michael Silberblatt (Romeo Act 2)


Berenis Gonzalez: When I first heard about Romeo y Julieta I immeadiately jumped at the opportunity to audition. It was always been a little wish of mine to be a part of a production that involves my Hispanic culture. The combination of languages in this play is simply beautiful and I feel very fortunate to be cast with a group of very talented individuals.

Jessika Willett: I'm 17 years old and this fall I will be a senior at Hilltop High School. I will be playing Juliet in Act 1 of Romeo and Julieta. I love being on stage which is ironic because I'm pretty shy. I was involved in theater in elementary school but I didn't realize how much I loved it until I hit high school. I've only done school plays so coming outside of that was a big change, especially because it was with such a well known theater. Af first I was really afraid of getting to know so many new poeple, but then I realized that we're just a bunch of theater people. The kids are fun and the teachers are great. It's only the first week and I already feel at home.




Michael Silberblatt
: Hello! I'm Michael and I am 16 years old. I go to the Coronado School of the Arts where I first became interested in Shakespeare. After I competed in the English Speaking Union Shakespeare Competition, I became really excited about this summer intensive! I am honored to be a part of Romeo and Juliet.

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Jessika-you are a very beautiful girl and I am so very proud of you. You truly can be anything you want to be. I know that one day, I will be saying..."I knew her when she was a litle girl. We had so much fun together..."