2008 Shakespeare Intensive

Shakespeare Intensive

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Featured Students: Nefertari Hooker and Colleen McDermott

Today Nefertari Hooker (Lady Capulet) and Colleen McDermott (Phoebe) are featured!


Nefertari Hooker:
I found out about this program a day before the auditions. I’m happy I jumped at this opportunity because Words cannot even begin to articulate how much I am learning at this program let alone how much FUN I’m having! I have always wanted to be an actress and have done many plays. But never would I have guessed that I’d be doing a play at the old globe theatre! Chills, Excitement, and tears of happiness swell inside when I even begin to think of this opportunity I have been blessed with. Not only is the acting aspect exciting but Despite how different all the kids are I have gotten along with and still share laughs with the thirty odd people who attend this program. It’s ridiculous how after a long five hour day of hard play ( I say play because acting is never work), I’m sad that It’s time to go-But I jump out of bed every morning with a smile on my face knowing what the day holds. I appreciate each and every one of the people who put their all into making the program what it is (Roberta, Nat Vivia, Marie, Samantha etc.). The chemistry between characters on stage as well as between each other when out of character is amazing. I know an opportunity like this was meant for me, and I’m taking everything I learn here and running with it.When you attend Romeo y Julieta it’ll be the first, but I’ll bet your bottom dollar it won’t be the last you see of me or any of us on stage at the Old Globe theatre ( or anywhere). With only a full week left of this program, I’m happy to say that as an actress I’ve come so far, and still have a bit of a way to go, and with this program it has made me ever the more ready for the journey at hand…I now declare this summer the best ever!

Love always, and forever
Nefertari Hooker


Colleen McDermott:
This fall I'll be a sophomore at Bonita Vista. Being in the Summer Shakespeare Intensive has made me love acting even more than I already did before. The entire cast that I work with is so amazing and talented, and I can't wait until we all perform on stage together.

No comments: