2008 Shakespeare Intensive

Shakespeare Intensive

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Featured Students: Laurel Burns, Dedric Evans, Jr. and Kevin Judd

Today, Laurel Burns (Friar Laurence), Dedric Evans, Jr. (First Watchman/Capulet Servant/ Citizen/ Party Guest) and Kevin Judd (Abraham) are featured


Laurel Burns: Any opportunity I'm given to study acting, I take; and I'm thrilled to be a part of the Shakespeare Intensive at The Old Globe. It's proving to be completely worthwhile, the teachers are awesome and have so much knowledge and guidance to offer. Shakespeare is my favorite thing to study, and to perform, so I'm enjoying jumping into Romeo and Juliet with an active approach, and not just from a classroom setting.


Dedric Evans, Jr.: My name is Dedric Lorenzo Evans Jr. I was born in San Diego at UCSD Hospital in Hillcrest on October 30th, 1993. I am very intelligent and outgoing and also very creative. I can be a bit optimistic at times as well. My strengths include being a good leader, being motivational and uplifting to others. My favorite things to do are play sports (lacrosse and football), play video games, talk to my sisters and family, text my friends, and go aircraft spotting (going to the airport, observing the planes, taking pictures of them, and listening to the Air Traffic Control). I want to be an Airline Pilot when I grow up. I want to go to the Air Force Academy, become a fighter pilot, then retire to the airlines. I want to fly for my favorite airline, United Airlines (if it hasn't fallen bankrupt by then). I call it You-ni-tedd. I wanted to fly 757's but by that time they will be too old so I'm thinking about the Airbus A340 or the Boeing 787 "Dreamliner." I love planes and aerodynamics a lot and I love San Diego. Especially our airport. We have a 9,402 ft long runway with a heading due east/west (270 degrees/90 degrees). You just learned something new from me.
Take the number of a runway and put a zero a the end an that's the Runway's heading on a compass. I'm sure you think it's funny that I'm teaching you about our airport (SAN/KSAN), which is why I'm doing theatre, because if I end up liking this whole thing and I want to act, I would like to do comedy. Which by the way I do like, a lot. I feel like a professional actor, and all the other actors feel like family to me. Everyone is so kind. I love it, even the camera lady, always smiling and saying hi. Well that's pretty much it. Oh, and I love throwing things. I'm a launch expert (fastest throw 96 mph). And I love french fries. But the thing I love the most is my Mom and Dad.



Kevin Judd: I attend United Scholar Academy in La Mesa and will graduate in 2011. I enjoy playing many different games and game systems, such as Sven co-op (on PC) or Super Smash Brothers MElee (gamecube or Wii).

I am currently designing my own video game based on Star Trek's idea of space exploration. I am creating it to be an MMORPG.

No comments: